Lizzo Unleashes ‘Special’ Album: Stream It Now
Lizzo dropped her fourth studio album ‘Special’ on Friday (July 15).
It’s been three years since Lizzo released a full-length album.
Special is finally available in its entirety after months of teasing and pre-release singles. The album’s lead single, “About Damn Time,” reached No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 and No. 1 on the Radio Songs chart. The promotional single “Grrrls” reached No. 39 on the Digital Song Sales chart.
The album features writing and production credits from Terrace Martin, Mark Ronson, Ricky Reed, Benny Blanco, Max Martin, Rick Rubin, and Lizzo herself. During an interview with Variety, Lizzo said that Special is “one of the most musically badass, daring and sophisticated bodies of work I’ve done to date… I hope that it is some of the most useful pieces of music to ever exist. All I want to do is help people through my music.”
- Are Search Engines Blocking Content Generated By Ai Assistants?
- Check Out BANDWITHOUTBAND: An Industrial Death Metal Band From Germany
- Check Out This New Single From A German EMO Band: VLAD IN TEARS
- Music Discovery: Mad Painter Drops Illusion – An Impressive Blend Of 70’s UK Rock And Melodic Hard Rock
- Interview: Luke Frees Is Iconic – His Music Will Stick With You Because He Is For Sure A 21st Century David Bowie
The Special Tour, a North American arena tour with Latto as an opener, will coincide with Lizzo’s latest record release. In addition to Special, Lizzo has been nominated for her first Emmy. Earlier this week (July 12), Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls received a nomination for the best competition program. There were six nominations in total for the program.
In 2019, Cuz I Love You became a blockbuster, and Special follows in its footsteps. Lizzo’s debut album peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard 200 and charted for over 100 weeks. It spawned hits like “Truth Hurts,” which won a Grammy, and “Juice,” which reached No. 82.
Stream Lizzo’s Special in full below.