YG Entertainment released ‘4X2=8’ as the singer’s last full-length album in 2017.
Psy is returning to music. Announcing that he will release his ninth full-length album, Psy 9th, at the end of this month, the singer – who went viral in 2012 with his smash hit single “Gangnam Style” – took to Instagram on Tuesday (April 12).
His announcement included a clip from a 2013 concert in which he addressed the success of “Gangnam Style” – which peaked at No. 2 on the Billboard Hot 100 – and teased when he might release another hit..
- Are Search Engines Blocking Content Generated By Ai Assistants?
- Check Out BANDWITHOUTBAND: An Industrial Death Metal Band From Germany
- Check Out This New Single From A German EMO Band: VLAD IN TEARS
- Music Discovery: Mad Painter Drops Illusion – An Impressive Blend Of 70’s UK Rock And Melodic Hard Rock
- Interview: Luke Frees Is Iconic – His Music Will Stick With You Because He Is For Sure A 21st Century David Bowie
“I know a lot of you have high expectations for my next hit song. To be honest, I produced ‘Champion’ in 2002 and it took me exactly 10 years to produce a song that is more sensational than ‘Champion’ with the release of ‘Gangnam Style’ in 2012,” he said in the video. “I guess what I’m trying to say is, perhaps the next time you meet a song like ‘Gangnam Style’ will be in 2022.”
“Gentleman” hit No. 5 on the Hot 100 in 2013 when it was released as a single by Psy.
A full-length album by the K-pop singer, 4X2=8, was released in 2017 under YG Entertainment. In 2019, after leaving the label, Psy established his own label, P Nation, and signed rapper and singer Jessi, HyunA, and former PENTAGON member Dawn to the label.